/

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chillin with JTP


This past memorial day weekend, I had some free time so I decided to chill with my boy Jaime. We ended up heading to JTP's (Justin Pawlak) garage in Gardena CA. A little back history: I initially met Justin in 2006 shortly after he arrived in Los Angeles while running a shop in East LA called "BOSO". He was hella cool and even helped me with my 3rd FC which was non turbo and needed suspension installed. He wasnt sponsored at the time, but had the dopest setup FC in his classic green colour scheme. I knew then that he was someone I could learn from and one day follow. His craftsmanship, sense of style with FC's and how they should be assembled was inspiring.

On Monday, we hung out, checked out his latest projects and laughed it up a bit. I was told of mountain runs back home in detroit where he flew backwards 15 feet off a road, his basketball 3 point contest victory win against his high school's top point guard, how he blew 5 motors in one month over a faulty manifold during a season. Of all the things we discussed, most memorable was the advice he gave. He explained that as a driver coming up, he was told to keep it "Smooth". He referenced smooth style within skateboarding and how the same aspects apply to drifting. Keepin it smooth Justin, is my aim, and thanks to you, I remain focused on being an awesome driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment